- A -
- The best stone for healing serpent or scorpion bites. Aids strength
and courage. Compels truth, promotes good manners, happiness, intelligence, prosperity,
longevity, fertility, and good health. --Brownish layered swirly
- An aid to furthering ambitions, and for healing throat disease.
Magnetic. Electrically alive with solidified golden light. Emits powerful amount of heat
and light. Powerful healing stone with large amount of organic energy. In ancient times,
ground to a powder and mixed with honey or oil of roses for various physical problems.
Filters germs and infections and has the power to disinfect. Worn around the neck to help
fight infection and respiratory diseases. Lifts the spirits. --Golden yellow stone.
- Stone of Venus. Assists those to maintain faithfulness, gives wearer
the gift of tongues, Increases spiritual awareness, has calming and soothing influence,
has ability to transmute negative into positive, very effective as a healing stone. Has
ability to prophesy, and wards off drunkenness. Warmed and placed on the forehead and
temples, it is good for headaches. Has the ability to draw through it forces directed
towards the body and repels vibrations which the body doesn't need, thus releasing only
the energy patterns beneficial to the body. Best worn in healing near the heart center.
Calming and protective, aids meditation,. aids in purification and regeneration on all
levels of consciousness. Calming, grounding, a cleanser and spiritual stimulator,
strengthens heart, cleanses liver of toxins, excellent for lung problems.--Purple ranging
from light to dark.
- Assists inspiration, favorable for travelers; helps to protect
against accidents. Calms nervous tension. Calming effects of the sea. Used to help banish
fears and phobias. Soothing and cleansing. Powerful aid to happiness in marriage. --Light
blue clear stone.
- Increases perception and reative insight. Stimulates opportunity and
motivation. Soothes emotions, used for the heart and heartache, for acceptance of self and
others, for inner peace.--Green Layered.
- Powerful healing stone, invokes spiritual guidance, opens psychic
eye. Good for dreams and improving psychic ability.
- B -
- A favorite for healing and strength. Soldiers of old wore it in
battle, believing it had the power to stop bleeding. Stimulates flow of energy for healing
blood circulation, stops hemorrhaging. Removes emotional blockages. A talisman for warding
off all accidents and disease, especially suitable for men. --Red stone.
- C -
- Worn to increase the feeling of self-confidence and the ability to
fight through difficulties.
- Emits steady serene flow of light. Tranquilizing. Soothes emotions,
will help tranquilize many forms of neuosis, used to absorb or deflect unwanted energies.
--Translucent apple green stone.
- Enables self-esteem. Stimulates openness and awakening of the mind.
Aid to the digestive system. Helps eliminate toxins. Encourages tremendous healing on the
emotional and mental levels, helps unblock subconscious fears, and serves as a natural
relaxant. --Pale yellow clear stone.
- Promises a long and happy married life, protects a child from evil
influences, and safeguards the teenager during the highly emotional period. Balances
physical energy and relaxes tensions. Carries the creative vibrations of the sea.
- CORNELIAN (orcarnelian)
- Wish Stone, is highly favorable to health, long life, and good
fortune. Itís special virtue is the fulfillment of oneís wishes if the stone is
worn near the heart.
- D -
- A symbol of bravery and strength, and also one of the emblems of
innocence. An antidote against pestilence.
- E -
- Helps women attract a true love, and men to attract a loving wife.
Promotes creativity, stimulates perception and insight, and strengthen memory. Beneficial
effect on the eyes. Also an excellent preservative against decay, arrests dysentery, and
heals bites from venomous animals. --Green clear stone with a hint of blue.
- F -
- Considered a goodluck piece. Also called Fairy Gem. Manifests
innermost wishes. Promotes well being; enhances concentration and meditation. Powerful
spirit guide. Opens and softens the way for the use of other stones. Excellent used in
aquariums-provides needed minerals. Charge on windowsill at night.--Varies in different
shades of purples and greens. Identified by the bands of color seen within the stone.
- G -
- Wards off inflammatory diseases, promotes healthy and cheery
disposition. Balances hormones, good for mental depression, enhances self-esteem,
alleviates bad dreams, and encourages success in business. Thought to assist in seeing
into past incarnations. Will ensure consistency in friendship and love, preserve health,
and is generally fortunate. Vitality and passion. Stimulates happiness, peace, balance,
patience, inspiration, persistence, good for rebirthing, menstruation and life passages,
disorders, fertility, eases arthritis pain. --Ranges from orange-red to pink-red.
- H -
- Very strong stone; absorbs negativity. Gives optimism and courage.
Calming to the emotions. Worn as an amulet confers strength and procure favorable legal
judgments. In Egypt, used to reduce inflammation and treat hysteria. Considered to be a
grounding stone. Helps maintain balance between body, mind, and spirit. Use for fevers,
alleviates worry and anxiety as it allows for mental clarity, known as the "worry
stone". --Heavy black metallic stone.
- Balancing special variety of quartz crystal. "Diamond"
works with yin/yang energies, known as the "Dream Crystal", aids in bringing
teachings of the dream state into conscious awareness, very highly attuned spiritually.
- J -
- JACINTH (orhyacinth)
- Renders the wearer extremely fascinating and strengthens the heart.
Used for melancholy.
- A most sacred stone and a symbol of divine revelation. Brings good
fortune and health to its owner. Stimulates practicality, wisdom, and universal
attunement. Thought to provide a link between the spiritual and the mundane. Most revered
by the Chinese. --Creamy green stone.
- JASPER (all)
- Safeguard personal independence, said to bring inspirational warnings
when there is danger of unfair domination from others. balance emotions and stress. Aid
and comfort during periods of female distress. One stone worn about the neck and another
around the waist.
- Powerful healer.
- L -
- LAPIS LAZULI
- Prized for its prophetic virtues. Stimulates wisdom, truthfulness,
& psychic experiences, healing and strengthening when worn next to the skin.
Strengthens mind and body to spiritual awareness. --Royal blue in color with flecks of
- M -
- Called a magic stone, favorable for travelers, missionaries, and
other adventurers. Used as a child's talisman to sleep soundly & protect from bad
dreams. Stimulates clear vision and insight, represents hope and inner peace, believed to
protect from danger. Increases abundance in all areas of life. This stone supposedly has
equal amounts of negative and positive forces, thereby adding to the balance of physical
and spiritual life. Used to release repressed emotions and for physical
detoxing. --Brilliant shades of green, very apparent in bands of shades.
- Aid in bringing forth memories of past lives, carried as a good luck
piece. Brings good fortune. Reflects the wearers being and feelings. Promotes
unselfishness. Opens the heart to humanitarian love and hope. Good for protection while
traveling on water.Gives clarity to spiritual understanding. Good for pre-menstrual
symptoms and balancing to the reproductive system. Used to ease childbirth. Sometimes
called the Queen of the Heavens stone. Calming effect on emotions. Eases menstrual pain,
alleviates many degenerative conditions in the skin, hair, eyes, and body fluids (tears,
digestive juices). --Translucent milky stone with color tints ranging from white-yellow to
- MOSS AGATE
- Assists in making and keeping friends, helpful to farmers and those
interested in growing plants. Moss Agates considered to be most powerful. Aid in
restoration of energy, used in healing, and believed to bring wearer happiness, wealth,
health, and long life. Increases ability to ward off self-induced anger and inner
bitterness. Moss green-balances emotional energy. Moss red-balances physical energy. Blue
lace gives tranquillity. --Translucent stone with flecks of green.
- O -
- Black- Used to sharpen both the internal and external.Teaches one the
truth of oneself in relation to ones ego, depicts the contrasts of life-day and night,
darkness and light, truth and error. Grounds spiritual energy to physical plane. Absorbs
negativity. --Black stone with lacy highlights of white.
- Preserves against the bites of snakes and venomous insects, and
assists in bringing marital happiness. When certain persons wear it, may bring on terrible
shapes to a dreamer, from which the future can be devined. Will ground spiritual energy to
physical plane. --Deep black color.
- An unlucky stone which can interfere with love and marriage unless
one was born between September 23rd and November 21. To these people it will give second
sight, or clairvoyance, and prevent contagion from the air. --Generally white but various
color range depending of variety. --Identified by brilliant sparkling effect.
- P -
- Worn as a necklace, make the wearer chaste. Stimulates feminine
qualities, used to focus attention, helps pull together mental and spiritual forces, peace
of mind. Represents purity, modesty, & gentleness. A very lucky stone for those born
- Dispels fears, guilt, and depression. Used to counteract negative
emotions and healing of the spirit. Once worn as a means of gaining foresight and divine
inspiration. Protection, prosperity, emotional calming, purifies, balances. --Light green
- Clear Powerful tool for the New Age. Used to ground and center while
attuning to higher spiritual energies, in healing work used to disperse congested
- Enhances mental capacity and attracts money to owner. Has protecting,
shielding aspect for physical, mental, emotional levels. Shields from negative energy,
strengthens circulatory system, clears oxygen in the blood. --Also known as foolís
- Q -
- Amplifies healing energy. Used to help draw out pain. Able to tap
into energies of the universe. Good stone for meditating on. Very potent and often worn to
protect from negative vibrations. Cleanse regularly. Rudilated-rutile needles help focus
- R -
- RAINBOW PYRITE
- Strengthens will. --Same as Pyrite in rainbow coloration.
- Adds courage, will, passion to the loving heart vibration. Represents
love of God. --Milky pink stone with definition.
- Used to activate love. Attracts or keeps a loving partner. --Pink
stone with blackhighlights - very defined.
- ROSE QUARTZ
- Worn or carried for love, fidelity, peace, and happy marriage. Aids
intuition and emotional balance. Reduces stress and tension - cools hot tempers.
Vibrations of universal love & inner serenity. Comforts heart from all wounds, helps
heal emotional pain, enhances love, self-love, positive outlook, joy and oneness. --Light
to medium milky pink color.
- The stone of freedom, charity, dignity and divine power. Increases
vigor, renews vitality and cleanses the blood. The stone of courage. Helps banish grief
for those in mourning. --generally deep red with orange or pink undertone.
- S -
- SMOKY QUARTZ
- Good for calming the mind. Eases depression, fear and panic.
- Alleviates fears, Clears the mind. --Blue with white flecks.
- T -
- TIGER EYE
- Calms emotions, protects against external stresses. To restore
physical energy & quiet emotional nature.
- Will make melancholy vanish when worn or carried in the left hand.
Calms emotions, protects against external stresses. To restore physical energy & quiet
emotional nature. Protects against insomnia and depression, mood elevator, revitalizes,
stimulates creative thinking processes, eases death. --Clear gold stone. (deeper color than
- Supercharged with magnetic and electric energy. Lifts fears and
negative conditions.Causes the wearer to be flexible, understanding and more objective in
purpose and reason. Electric and magnetic properties. Works as protective shield, consumes
negative energy without releasing into atmosphere, has to do with visions and
"seeing" with compassion, teaches to expand limited concepts of thinking,
relates to aspirations for higher love, very complete stone. --Various shades of pink and
green. Some stones will have both colors.
- Self-love stone. Helps ward off danger and clears oneís path of
pitfalls. Protector against evil. Primary holy stone of Native Americans. Vibrates calming
radiations, protective, and restores healthy mental attitude. Stone of friendship.
Balancing and healing. Great strength and vitality. Takes on characteristics of the
wearer. It is unwise to wear a turquoise formerly worn by one who has died. excellent for
both Spiritual attunement and healing of the energy centers and the physical body,
valuable for grounding as well as for vision quests and astral travel, purifies all levels
of being and is capable of handling strong negativity, also used for wounds and for damage
to bones. --Shades of blue, ranging from deep sky blue to greenish Chinese turquoise.